German Medical Visa: All You Need to Know
There are strict visa regulations in Germany. Special visas are needed for the citizens of most countries, as laid down in the German and Schengen Regulations, to come to Germany even if it’s for medical reasons.
Various types of visas are available depending on the purpose of the trip. A special visa path is available for medical treatment. In case the person is already in Germany for another purpose, a business trip for instance, he/she does not need another special medical visa for treatment.
Hence if you are planning to come to Germany for treatment and you already have a business or tourist visa that will be enough. In case you are unfit for other types of visa, the special medical visa will be the ideal choice.
Visa Regulations for Medical Treatment
According to the information issued by the German embassy the applicant for a medical visa should furnish the following documents.
- Medical certificate issued by local physician, declaring need for treatment abroad.
- Written confirmation of an appointment in a German Hospital or with a German Doctor.
- Proof of advanced payment of the estimated cost of treatment; or presentation of travellers cheques in the same amount.
- Confirmed flight reservation.
- 1 application form duly signed by the applicant.
- Passport sized photograph.
- With regards to these aspects, we can be of assistance.